Tuesday, July 26, 2011

MOS KB articles for July 27, 2011

Checking recent articles I noticed that there are lots of Master Note type of notes
appeared on MyOracleSupport that come like aggregation of different links
related to topics. Exadata, RAC, Data Guard, Data Warehousing, etc..

It might be very useful when problems appeared or when knowledge
about the technology should be gotten. I wish those topics had RSS
feeds that can keep you informed about changes in notes.

And regular review of the Hot Topics e-mails made my life easier today
when I got a ticket about failure of backup of RAC 11.2.0.2 database.
I immediately recalled the note
RAC BACKUP FAILS WITH ORA-00245: CONTROL FILE BACKUP OPERATION FAILED [ID 1268725.1]
where location of snapshot controlfile should be on a shared storage

So I hope the change of snapshot controlfile location to ASM will
help to resolve the issue, we'll see tomorrow...


Another note that attracted my attention is
RACcheck - RAC Configuration Audit Tool [ID 1268927.1]
The utility simplifies the audit process of RAC configuration and allows not to forget
all important bits and pieces of complex architecture.


Have a good day!


No comments: